Double Fudge Brownies
Makes 12 servings, 2 brownies per serving
Brownies can be made ahead of time and frozen for up to 1 week. Buy premade brownies and spread with the Creamy Fudge Frosting to save time and create a just-made taste.
4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
½ cup cocoa powder
1 cup granualted sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
4 large eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1½ cups all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
6 ounces mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Mix together melted butter, cocoa powder, white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to egg mixture, stirring well. Add chocolate chips and stir until all ingredients are combined.
4. Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
Allow pans to cool completely on cooling racks before frosting.
Creamy Fudge Frosting
Makes 12 servings
¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon corn syrup
¼ sup heavy cream
1½ cups powdered sugar
1. Beat butter with paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, cocoa powder and cream, beat until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Spread over brownies.