Hoisin-Honeyed Baby Back Ribs
This may be prepared 1 day ahead through step 4, covered and refrigerated. Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before grilling.
1/2 cup Hoisin Sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons oil
1 scallion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
4 pounds pork loin ribs cut Chinese style or baby-back ribs
1. Combine the Hoisin Sauce, honey, oil, scallion and rice vinegar in a medium bowl and blend well. Place the ribs in a jumbo plastic sealable bag. Add the marinade to the ribs and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
3. Place the ribs on a piece of foil large enough to wrap tightly without any holes. Place the package in a large roasting pan and bake for 1 hour. Alternately, place the ribs in a roasting pan and cover well.
4. Remove the ribs from the oven. Remove the ribs from the foil, drain and reserve the juice and place in a dish.
5. Prepare the barbecue for medium-heat grilling. Grill the ribs about 3 inches from the flame for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until they reach the desired doneness, basting occasionally with the remaining marinade, making sure they do not burn. Place on a serving platter and serve with the reserved juices, if desired.