Roasted Red Potato Salad with Dijon Mustard and Chives
Makes 12 servings
Bake the potatoes one day in advance. Cool and refrigerate. Save time by buying roasted potatoes from the hot food counter of your local grocery or deli.
2 ½ pounds red or small new potatoes
½ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup chives, chopped
¾ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash and dry potatoes. Cut into quarters and place in large mixing bowl, add oil and toss to coat.
3. Place potatoes in a single layer on each pan and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes.
4. Using a spatula, turn potatoes over. Bake for 30 minutes longer or until potatoes are golden brown on the cut side.
5. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
6. Mix together chives, mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard in large mixing bowl, stir in potatoes. Toss to coat. Taste and season with salt and pepper.